In addition to our Democratic GAIN sponsored events, we always like to connect people with opportunities across the country. For those of you in the Chicago area, Mia Phifer & Associates is sponsoring "Professional Campaign Strategy’s 101 -An introduction to winning elections."
Saturday December 6, 2008
1:00 to 5:00 PM Training & Panel Discussion/Q&A period
5:00 – 6:00 PM Networking Cocktail Hour
Special Guest at Networking Cocktail Hour - Becky Carroll National Women’s Vote Director, Obama for America, Communications Director, Rahm Emanuel for Congress, Illinois Communications Director, Gore for President.
Please join us for a specialized candidate’s training by National Political Consultants for:
- Individuals who have never run for local office before but are currently running or would like to run in the future
- Individuals who currently hold elected office but would like to grow their operation or run for higher office in the future
- Individuals who have volunteered on a campaign or worked in an entry level position on one or two small races and want to broaden their resources and information base
You will have the opportunity to learn the ropes from political professionals in an intimate setting - each consultant will provide a presentation on their area of specialty to be followed by an interactive question and answer period with the consultants ending with a networking cocktail hour.
- General Campaign start up, Fundraising and Networking Development – Mia Phifer & Associates
- Legal & Ballot Access – Vasyl Markus
- Direct Mail & Internet Marketing - First Tuesday Consulting, Rob Martwick
- Polling - Lake Research Partners, Daniel Gotoff
- Media buying & Strategy - Main Street Solutions, Kristin Donels
- Research - 3rd Coast Consulting, Will Caskey & Carrie Bauer
- Printing - Consolidated Printing, Marilyn Jones
- Phones – Telephone Strategies Group – Jaimey Sexton
- Others TBA
Do you know of other training opportunities like this? Post them here at the GAINing Ground blog to spread the word!