Posted By Nikki Enfield,
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
| Comments (0)
As 2009 rapidly approaches, all of us at Democratic GAIN are excited about the successes we've had this year! The larger Democratic and progressive community has much to celebrate: we won the White House and increased our majorities in Congress and state legislatures across the country. Democratic GAIN members were the life blood of these victories, so thank you!
Democratic GAIN itself has also had a successful year with our ongoing efforts to provide our members with the services they need to be successful in their careers and activities.
A few things of which we are particularly proud this year include:
- Relaunched Online Program -- In July, we relaunched DemocraticGAIN.org. Here are a few of the many changes.
- Cleaner career center – We made the process of searching and posting jobs and resumes much simpler. For employers, we created a system to let you manage your hiring process from within the GAIN website, and increased syndication of job posts with SimplyHired, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Indeed.com.
- Community building – We now have personal and organizational profiles, groups, connections, messaging system, and other features. We have simplified the registration and dues system, and simplified our events calendar.
- Collaborative Training Materials – We put our campaign manuals online in Wikipedia-like format. So members can learn, search, update, and add to this resource to help others become better professionals.
- More content – We relaunched this blog, “GAINing Ground”. We added to our resume tips, general career advice, and other online resources.
- Talent Tracking Project – in our on-going effort to connect the talented individuals who do the hard work of our movement, to the organizations and campaigns that need their talent, Democratic GAIN carried out it’s 3rd “Talent Tracking Program” to identify and collect the permanent contact information of every staffer working in campaigns and parties this year.
- Career Fairs & Networking Events – Democratic GAIN carried out three major Career Fairs this year to connect individuals wanting to work in politics to organizations needing their talent. We also participated in several Happy Hour events – including one in Seattle with NOI, Democracy in Action and the Win/Win network, along with a great fundraising event in DC hosted by Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Teamster’s President James Hoffa!
- New member benefits – Democratic GAIN is always looking for discounts and deals for our members, and this year we were able to make deals with Campaigns & Elections Politics Magazine, Qvisory.com, Columbia Books and Hertz Rental Cars. Click here for more information about the discounts available to dues-paying members of Democratic GAIN. More discounts are coming soon, so keep checking back!
We hope that these new features have been helpful to you.
With 2009 will come continued challenges but even more opportunities, and Democratic GAIN wants to be there every step of the way to help you succeed! Your feedback is invaluable to helping us learn how we can be most helpful to you. Please take 2 minutes to fill out this brief survey to assist us in better helping you in 2009.
As the trade association for Democratic & Progressive individuals and organizations, we literally cannot exist without your continued support and participation, so THANK YOU also for everything you have done to make us successful this past year. We can’t do what we do without our terrific members and registered users.
Year in review