Hey everyone - I know many of you are still looking to get your foot in the door with the Administration. I just received the below press release about the White House Internship Program and the fact that now through March 22, they are accepting applications for the summer of 2009.
Subject: White House Internship Program
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 12:26:01 -0500
February 26, 2009
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
President Obama today launched the White House Internship Program for his administration and announced that applications are currently being accepted for the summer of 2009. Those selected to participate in the program will gain valuable job experience and an inside look at the life of White House staff while building leadership skills.
"This program will mentor and cultivate young leaders of today and tomorrow and I'm proud that they will have this opportunity to serve," said President Obama. "I look forward to working with those that are selected to participate and I want to commend all who apply for their desire to help through public service to forge a brighter future for our country."
In addition to normal office duties, interns will supplement their learning experience by attending a weekly lecture series hosted by senior White House staff, help at White House social events, and volunteer in community service projects.
The 2009 Summer Internship program runs from May 22 to August 14, and the submission deadline is March 22, 2009.
Those interested in applying to the White House Internship Program must be:
- U.S. Citizens
- Eighteen years of age on or before the first day of the internship
- Enrolled in a college or university (2-4 year institution) or must have graduated from college in the past two years
Interns will be placed in a departmental office for their internship. Below is a list of departments in the Office of the President and the Office of the Vice President where interns could be placed.
- White House Department of Scheduling and Advance
- The Office of Cabinet Affairs
- The White House Communications Department
- The White House Office of Public Liaison and Intergovernmental Affairs
- The Office of the First Lady
- The White House Office of Legislative Affairs (OLA)
- The Office of Political Affairs
- The Office of Management and Administration
- The Office of White House Counsel
- The Domestic Policy Council
- The White House Office of Presidential Personnel
- Office of the Vice President
More information on the White House Internship Program, including application instructions, can be found at: www.whitehouse.gov/about/internships
THE WHITE HOUSE, February 26, 2009.