Democratic GAIN's Career Fair is just two weeks away!
Don't waste time -- here are some tips for how you can put your best face forward and impress employers!
- Update your profile and upload your resume on the GAIN website. Often, employers will search the site for candidates who fit their criteria rather than posting the job publicly (or they'll do both!)
- Attend GAIN's resume workshop on Wednesday, January 20th.
- Can't attend or won't be in DC? Check out our resume tips.
- Be sure to attend GAIN's Networking Happy Hour on Thursday, January 21st. If you're already registered for the Career Fair, you don't need to register for the Happy Hour.
- If you're unemployed, print up some business cards at home to pass out as you network.
- Do your homework! We're updating our list of confirmed employers every day -- if you're not familiar with the organization, check out their website and see if they have posted current openings.
Be sure to bring plenty of copies of your updated resume with you to the Career Fair!