In this seminar you will learn:
· Where to look for foreign policy job opportunities: What are and are not worthwhile outlets?
· What foreign policy recruiters look for in a candidate: How can I properly market my academic and professional experience?
· About the numerous different types of career opportunities in
foreign policy: What kinds of positions could I work in and where? What
companies and institutions hire foreign policy professionals?
· Of gateway experiences or work into the field: What internships,
jobs, or academic programs will land me a job in foreign policy?
· What it is like to work in the foreign policy field: I got the job, what can I expect out of it?
All attendees receive:
• The FPA Foreign Policy Jobs Tool Book
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Light food and drink during networking/Q&A session
• A complementary six-month digital subscription to Foreign Affairs Magazine
Who should attend this seminar?
• Undergraduate and Graduate Students considering or preparing for a career in foreign policy
• Young Professionals interested in beginning a career in foreign policy
• Mid-Career Professionals transitioning to a career in foreign policy
Brad Traverse - Instructor
Founder, The Brad Traverse Group
David Kirk - Instructor
Director, Young Atlanticist Program at the Atlantic Council
Daniel Whitman - Guest Speaker
Assistant Professor of Foreign Policy at the Washington Semester Program at American University
Click here for more info and to register.