||Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee
Be a part of the team that will be instrumental to the Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC) taking back our state legislatures and—by winning crucial redistricting fights— remaking the U.S. Congress to re-enfranchise millions of voters and end the GOP-led gridlock that’s paralyzing our government.
Our task is no less than to teach a generation of voters about the central role their state legislatures play in their day-to-day lives, and in the shaping of the country.
The mission is to win Democratic majorities and build Democratic power in state legislatures.
As the DLCC’s graphic designer, you’ll work with the rest of the digital team to produce beautiful, engaging graphics that have the ability to make or break the program’s success. The Graphic Design Manager reports to the DLCC Digital Director.
The Graphic Design Manager is expected to model the values of the DLCC:
· Focus on Results
- Work closely with our digital strategy teams to understand the needs of a given design project.
- Work laterally across teams to execute DLCC organizational graphic design needs.
- Create work that has a high visual impact and meets the objectives of the project, be it engagement or fundraising.
- Manage multiple projects from concept through completion.
- Design for a wide variety of digital projects, including email graphics, social media graphics, infographics, etc.
- DLCC’s data and information is represented visually across the organization.
- DLCC’s graphics and design are on-brand.
- A creative perspective is incorporate into DLCC’s work products.
- Dynamic, high quality designs are integrated into DLCC’s digital and social media strategy.
- A minimum of three years of professional design experience.
- A creative mind and excellent verbal communications skills.
- Extreme proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Familiarity with most or all of the following as they relate to design: social media, online advertising, email marketing, content marketing, mobile strategy, digital analytics, web video, and web design.
- Experience translating written concepts into visual design.
- A high comfort level with a fast-paced environment and quick turnarounds.
- An ability to work with colleagues in related fields like marketing, PR, analytics, and technology.
- An ability able to effectively assess the needs of every client, incorporate feedback, troubleshoot compatibility errors, and present designs and concepts.
- A background in politics, fundraising, or advocacy preferred but not required.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, the DLCC offers a generous benefit package as well.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2017. Please reference "Graphic Design Manager" in subject line. No calls please.
The Democratic Legislative Campaign Committee (DLCC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DLCC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, personal appearance, marital status, family responsibilities, genetic information, or any other legally protected basis. The DLCC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.