Democratic GAIN is the professional association for progressive political professionals and organizations. We are committed to matching up stellar progressive staff with the organizations in need of good talent.
Think of us as a Human Resources Department for democratic politics and the progressive movement. Whether you are an individual looking for your next career move, an organization looking to fill open positions, or a professional looking to hone your skills or network with other professionals, Democratic GAIN has the resources you need to succeed!
Get started with the basics: join GAIN, create a profile and post your resume, then search the Job Board to see what’s out there.
Even if you’re not looking for a job at this moment, you’re still in the right place! In addition to our Job Board, we help you:
- Hone your skills. When you stop learning, you stop growing. No matter how long you’ve been in this business, you should always work to learn what’s new. Democratic GAIN helps you through our interactive "wiki-style" on-line training manuals. The best part? Not only will you learn something, but the interactive format always you to share your own insights, best practices and ideas so you can teach others!
- Perfect your resume. Your resume is the first thing potential employers see about you. You need it to be clear, concise and convey the correct information. Check out our Resume Tips and Sample Resumes to make sure yours gets to the top of the pile.
- Network. We all know this business is all about "who you know” - whether you are looking for work, or helping your organization succeed. GAIN’s networking tools – from events to social networking – help you meet lots of other progressive political professionals; be they future bosses, colleagues or friends.
- Get a job. Check out our advice from seasoned professionals about getting (and keeping) a job in politics.
- Gossip. Did you or someone you know just land a fantastic job? Get the word out! Submit the news to GAINfully Employed – Democratic GAIN’s blog focused on the who’s and where’s of the progressive political world.
In addition to the Democratic GAIN Job Board, there are lots of list-servs and emails that you should check out when looking for your next opportunity: